To Our Patients With Dental Insurance,
We are very pleased that you have selected us to perform your dental treatment. It is our wish that your dental health is the very best that it can be. With the assistance your insurance company provides, good dental health is a simple matter.
Your insurance coverage is an arrangement between your insurance company and your place of employment. There are many different policies and forms of coverage. Please be aware that your coverage may not be based on the current dental fee guide. The amount of coverage that has been arranged does not involve the dentist. Our staff would be happy to complete your insurance forms and mail them to your insurance company. Your insurance company will in turn send the funds directly to this office. The unpaid portion that your dental plan does not cover is your responsibility.
The out of pocket portion must be paid at each appointment. You are responsible for any treatment no longer covered by your dental plan.
Please contact us if you have any questions or call (604) 253-3828 today!!
Did You Know?
- Benefit coverage is a contract between yourself, the insurance company and your employer – not the dentist.
- Dental benefit companies do not inform dental offices of changes to your policy.
- Dental benefits may not cover 100% of your dentistry.
- Some companies offer 100% coverage of 1994 fees – or less. We are charging current fees set by the Association of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia. Our fees are based on our clinical expertise, the quality of care and materials provided.
- Coverage is being reduced drastically. This means that many necessary treatments may no longer be covered by your plan.
Our team members are qualified to help you if you have any questions
If you have any questions regarding your coverage, we recommend that you call your insurance company. We would like to avoid the disappointment of you proceeding with the necessary treatment that the dentist has recommended, because you assume that it is covered. If you later find out that your plan has changed, or that the treatment is no longer covered, you will be unhappy.
We are happy to offer our patients a pre-determination of treatment fees, which can be sent to your insurance company for confirmation of your coverage. This will enable you to plan your finances, before commencing with treatment. We are pleased to discuss fees and payment options with you.
You need to be aware that insurance companies will sometimes send back approvals with a request for cheaper alternative treatment plans. Our office is happy to discuss any alternatives and choices with you prior to treatment.
We encourage our patients to be familiar with their dental plan in order to eliminate disappointments with payment and reimbursement.