As of May 19, 2020, we are open to see patients for regular dental treatment. We are following guidelines and protocols released by the College of Dental Surgeons of BC, College of Dental Hygienists of BC, WorkSafe BC, and BC Centre for Disease Control. Please review our updated protocols for our offices for the current phase 2 of BC’s restart plan.
HEALTH OF OUR STAFF: We are conducting daily health screening, including temperature checks for all staff members. This is to ensure that no team members are coming to work sick.
PATIENT SCREENING BEFORE ARRIVAL: All patients are pre-screened for COVID-19 symptoms and risk factors.
SOCIAL DISTANCING: In order to comply with current guidelines, we have limited seating capacity and are asking patients to wait in their vehicles and to contact us upon arrival. We will notify each patient when it is time to enter to minimize any congregation in our waiting area.
DISINFECTION/STERILIZATION: In addition to our strict sterilization/PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) protocols, we are implementing several new changes:
· HEPA air purifying technology: This helps with air filtration in the office and treatment rooms during your visit.
· HOCI technology: Hypochlorous acid is effective in killing viruses along with other pathogens such as bacteria and spores upon contact more effectively than chlorine bleach and is safe for human contact. We are implementing this into our sanitation protocol through sprays and aerosol forms.
· We will be wiping and spraying door handles, restrooms, and other high touch contact areas several times a day.
· Pre-rinse: We are having patients rinse with an antimicrobial mouth rinse prior to dental procedures to help reduce bacterial/viral load.
· Clinical staff may be wearing isolation gowns and additional PPE for certain dental procedures.
PATIENT SAFETY UPON ARRIVAL:
· It is suggested that you wear a mask or cloth face covering when visiting our office.
· You will be asked to complete a COVID-19 screening and consent form upon arrival.
· Your temperature will be recorded.
· You will be asked to disinfect your hands with an alcohol hand sanitizer.
· We are only allowing ONE patient per treatment room. Exceptions to this are minors, special needs, or patients who require assistance. ONE adult/caretaker may escort the patient to their appointment.
We hope that these updated protocols will help reduce the risk and we appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding during these times. With the constant updates/changes coming from the College of Dental Surgeons of BC, these protocols and guidelines are subject to change. Please call our office if you have any questions or concerns.
Brush Dental Team